I do a lot of horse packing on my own in very wild country and I have learned a lot through trail and error about what works and what doesn't. I have also learned a lot about specific horse-friendly-trails in my native Montana and on the Pacific Crest Trail, which my horses and I are slowly working our way along. In this site, I share all I have learned so that others may have an easier time learning all that I have learned about these topics.
all about horse packing
- Do I need a separate pack horse?
- Minimalist horse packing - What is it and why do I to it?
- Gear for Minimalist horse packing
- for the horse
- for the person
- for the dog (with me there is always a dog)
- Feed for the horse on the trail
- Specific Trails
- Pacific Crest Trail and Surrounding Areas